Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Applying for an international drivers permit (IDP) from Pune

 

I was pleasantly surprised to know that it looks like this can be done from your home.   I have successfully applied for the permit and am currently (May 17, 2023) waiting to see if I am actually able to get the permit.

Prerequisites:

  • Image of your current passport
  • Image of your current drivers license
  • Image of Form 1A filled by a registered medical practitioner.  This is the same form that one needs to submit when applying for a drivers' license

 Download the mParivahan app on your mobile (as of May 17, 2023 I know it works on Android, have not checked for any other mobile platform).  Follow the instructions on screen and finally pay the requisite fee (Rs. 1000) and you are all set. 

As mentioned above, at the time of going to press, my application has been accepted but I have not yet received my IDP so I still cannot confirm that this online method works.  However I am hopeful that it will work since I was able to successfully renew my driving license twice (in 2017 and 2022) entirely using online methods.  I will update this information whenever something significant happens.


No comments: